Monday, September 28, 2009

Reagan's birth!

So, I know I've been horrible at updating the blog, but since Reagan was born, blogging has been the last thing on my mind. I will try to do better!

Reagan was born on August 9, 2009 at 4:29pm. She weighed 7lb7oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. I made it through my first week back at work and got to meet my new class. Friday afternoon, I went walking after school to try and help push Reagan along. We were scheduled for an ultrasound on Wednesday the 12th and had plans to induce that Friday if Reagan didn't come on her own. Little did we know, Reagan had her own plans. I had back pains all day on Saturday the 8th but I thought it was just from walking too much Friday. Saturday night, the pain kept getting worse and my water broke around 11:00pm. After walking in circles over and over~we finally left for the hospital and arrived around 12:00. The entire time I was pregnant, we were worried we wouldn't make it all the way down to Savannah in time. We didn't know I would be in labor for 18 hours. The actual delivery was the best part. It only lasted 12 minutes and was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. We had a little scare due to Reagan's ambilical cord being wrapped around her neck tightly, but after being put in the neonatal intensive care for two hours on watch, she was released to come back to the room with us. We were realeased from the hospital on Tuesday the 11th (her actual due date).

No comments:

Post a Comment